How To Make a Chocolate Cake =>
o 1/2 hot water
o 2/3 cup shortening such as butter or margarine
o 1 3/4 cups sugar
o 1 tsp vanilla
o 2 eggs
o 2 1/4 cups sifter all-purpose flour
o 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
o 1/2 tsp salt
o 1 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder and hot water. Stir thoroughly until it is completely dissolved. Set aside. This is the cocoa mixture.
- In another bowl, beat the shortening with an electric mixer. Slowly add sugar, then vanilla. Blend in eggs. This is the creamed mixture.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the creamed mixture. Blend in the cocoa mixture. Pour the batter into two greased round pans.
- Leave a 1/2-inch headspace. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes. To check if the cake is already done, insert a toothpick into the cake. If toothpick comes out dry, then the cake is already done.
- Cool cake before spreading icing or frosting. One frosting that will complement our very special chocolate cake is the chocolate frosting.